Nickname
Password

· Register
· Lost Password
Server Date/Time
22 August 2017 05:02:10 EDT (GMT -4)

Forgotten Nemesis: Forums

Forgotten Nemesis :: View topic - Guild Wars 2
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

View next topic
View previous topic
Halfa
Centurion

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:43 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Those of you considering playing GW2, our old compatriots of Aion, The Wolves, will be creating a guild.

http://wov.guildportal.com/Guild.aspx?GuildID=276677

I would suggest we all meet up on the same server, most likely US based though if you pick a EU server, seems it is possible to join up across servers for PvE fun and enjoyment.

Anywho, those who want a reunion of sorts, you know where to go now.

Nemaveze
Brigadier General

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:22 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Hey mate. I think I'll be buying GW2 and i would love to join our old friends but playing on a US server is somewhat of a problem for me. The ping is horrible... even with leatrix it's still in the neighborhood of 200 which is to much. If the wolves start on a EU server i'll gladly join them.

Halfa
Centurion

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:24 pm Reply with quote Back to top

That's the thing though Nema, you can play with them for PvE regardless what server you're on.
As for PvP - mebbe we can pick a EU server for all of us to gather. Depending if 'all' is at least a couple of people Smile

Halfa
Centurion

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:59 pm Reply with quote Back to top

More news.

Guild website from our old friends the Wolves:
http://wov.guildportal.com/Guild.aspx?GuildID=276677&TabID=2322118

Server to select (US based): Jade Quarry.
They have a nice community website already up & running:
http://www.jadequarry.com/main

Pre-orders get access on 25th August from 9am CEST, or 8am BST if you're in the UK and for all international folks - 7am UTC/GMT.

See ya there if you'll be playing Smile

Halfa
Centurion

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:00 am Reply with quote Back to top

The game's fun, I levelled to 30 just going about the 5 newbie zones and getting all the viewpoints, points of interest, gateways and doing the areaquest(s) and events.

The game itself is different in the way that there's no need for a holy trinity.
A party of nothing but rangers or nothing but warriors can survive just as easy as if there was a healing/tanking/dps'ing combo.

The world is massive already, even though not all zones are open yet (or so I read).

Questing is easy, it just happens - you don't need to talk to NPC's if you don't want.

Your personal story is unique.
Your race/class and begin choices set the tone, but any choice you make during the story will give a different outcome/quest progression.
My Asura Thief and your Asure Thief might have the same gear and look and everything, however my story and yours will be different lest we both make the same choices at character creation as well as during the storyline.

Crafting is interesting - you get basic designs and then you have to 'discover' ways of making advanced types of it. E.g. you make pants, you add an ingredient and they become different pants. the ingredient will change the stats of your armour, you can learn to combine ingredients into inscriptions/insignias/... which can then also be used in the armor crafting to make the stats different yet again...

Did anyone mention you can join make a group for PvE cross-server and 'join' your friends? Did anyone mention you can go and have fun with your main with someone else who's 20 levels below because your level is downscaled to that of the area you are in automatically?

I'd recommend giving it a go if you were on the fence about getting the game or not, it's great fun, you can play any time you like (no subscription fee) and the fact that there's a real life money shop doesn't matter, as it doesn't give you any advantages over others - it's not a pay to win game.

Karlea

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:17 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Hi there, are you having a good time with GW2? I got a friend or two who are interested in playing it.

Centurion

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:10 am Reply with quote Back to top

Hey Karlea,

yes, I'm having fun in GW2 - as posted before, it's different in that you can do it all solo or in a group group, the game is dynamic to understand that if more people are around an event, the event gets somewhat harder and if less people are present, you can still complete it with a bit of care.

The exploring areas is fun too, as you run across new events, new quests, ... all automatically without running into town or talking to NPC's.

You can play it as much or as little as you like as it doesn't have a monthly subscription and those spending real money in the f2p store don't get any advantages except for cosmetic things or if you buy the experience potions, leveling faster (which means you would outlevel content however) but then because of the levelscaling based on the area you are in, that again is cancelled out.

There's also underwater combat in the game, different from any I've seen in that you don't need waterbreathing ability (you get a "mask" by default) and you need to employ a different set of weaponskills below the surface too, so the combat is varied.

So, I'd recommend your friends give it a try - if they have a decent PC, it's very pretty too.

View next topic
View previous topic